South Downs Patrol
45 minute ‘Beachy Head’ Flight
Fly from Biggin Hill down to the stunning coastline at Beachy Head. Fly over the shoreline and look down on the iconic ‘Seven Sisters’ cliffs where the green Sussex countryside turns to a majestic vertical chalk cliff face. We think this is the most picturesque destination to fly to.
As you depart Biggin Hill the London skyline will be visible in the distance, you’ll then head South and pass Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and the Spa town of Royal Tunbridge Wells. As you cruise at around 200mph the South Downs will soon come into view. As you fly along the chalky hills you’ll be able to see Eastbourne and it’s famous pier to the East.
You’ll have the opportunity to take the controls under the guidance of one of our Spitfire pilots so you can say that ‘I’ve flown a Spitfire over Beachy Head!’
Unrestricted guest numbers can watch the aircraft from our 1940’s style dispersal lounge, garden and viewing deck.
Spitfire Factory Tour included for you and 4 guests.
Please consult the the Safety Standards Acknowledgement and Consent (SSAC) document available on flying in ex-military aircraft, download here.
Maximum Height 6’6” (1.98m)
Maximum Weight 17.0 Stone (108 Kg)
Minimum Age 18 Years
A DAY TO REMEMBER
- A detailed pre-flight briefing covering the aircraft, equipment and safety procedures
- Approximately 10 minutes taxiing and engine checks – re-live the famous Merlin start up and Spitfire ‘zig zag’ taxi as you prepare for take-off.
- Minimum 35 minutes airborne in our genuine 1940’s Spitfire
- Fly from Biggin Hill and soar over the South Downs and countryside
- All our Spitfires have dual controls
- Experience the Spitfire Victory Roll
- A FREE digital video of your flight experience is included so you can show your flight to family and friends
- Take home souvenir pack which includes a personalised flight certificate, aircraft patch, Spitfire pilot notes and aircraft sticker
- Unrestricted guest numbers can watch the aircraft from our 1940’s style dispersal lounge, garden and viewing deck
- Spitfire Factory Tour included for you and 4 guests (additional tours available £39 per person)
- Option to fly friends and family alongside you with our Chase Plane formation flight upgrade (additional charge applies)
- Option to add Me109 (Buchon) Tail Chase (additional charge applies)
45 minute ‘Beachy Head’ Flight
Our genuine WWII-veteran Spitfires
MEET THE PLANES
Biggin Hill Spitfire over Beachy Head
The South Downs from a Spitfire
“Wow what a fantastic experience, so well organised and all the staff so friendly and helpful.”
67Smiths44 - tripadvisor
“Absolutely brilliant and worth every penny - my father did the Spitfire flight to Beachy head and 4 x family members did the chase plane”
loobiloo20 - tripadvisor
“Brilliant is an understatement! I had the most wonderful time! It was always a dream of mine to fly in the iconic Spitfire and the reality didn't disappoint!”
Liz K - Trustpilot
Rated 4.9 out of 5
We're focused on providing the flight of a lifetime. See previous guest reviews on Tripadvisor, Truspilot, Google and Facebook.