You choose the Route
65 Minute ‘Fly a Spitfire’ Experience
This 65 minute Spitfire passenger ride gives you the chance to plan your sortie with your pilot before heading off on the flight of a lifetime.
Options include lifting off from Cotswold Airport and heading due South via Lyndhurst and the New Forest before crossing the Solent and flying over The Needles. Alternatively you could follow the Bristol Channel coastline and fly over Weston Supermare with it’s Grand Pier and Marine Parade with views across Flat Holm Island and Split Rock Battery. Then take in the North Somerset coastline and Bridgewater Bay.
Whichever route you decide on you’ll have the chance to get your hands on the Spitfires iconic ‘Spade Grip’ and fly the aircraft for part of the flight. If you wish your pilot can also demonstrate the performance of the Spitfire with some gracefull Victory Rolls.
Please consult the the Safety Standards Acknowledgement and Consent (SSAC) document available on flying in ex-military aircraft, download here.
Maximum Height 6’6” (1.98m)
Maximum Weight 17.0 Stone (108 Kg)
Minimum Age 18 Years
Take the controls of a WWII Spitfire
- A detailed pre-flight and route plan briefing covering the aircraft, equipment and safety procedures
- Approximately 10 minutes taxiing and engine checks – hear the roar of the Merlin engine start up and listen in as the control tower gives clearance for takeoff.
- Minimum 55 minutes airborne in on of our Two Seat Spitfires
- Fly from Cotswold Airport on a route that you plan with your pilot
- All our Spitfires have dual controls
- Experience the Spitfire Victory Roll
- A FREE digital video of your flight experience is included so you can show your flight to family and friends
- Take home souvenir pack with a personalised flight certificate, aircraft patch, Spitfire pilot notes and aircraft sticker
- Unrestricted guest numbers can watch from our viewing area or AV8 restaurant
- Fly friends and family alongside your Spitfire in our modern Chase Plane (additional charge applies)
“Wow what a fantastic experience, so well organised and all the staff so friendly and helpful.”
67Smiths44 - tripadvisor
“Absolutely brilliant and worth every penny - my father did the Spitfire flight to Beachy head and 4 x family members did the chase plane”
loobiloo20 - tripadvisor
“Brilliant is an understatement! I had the most wonderful time! It was always a dream of mine to fly in the iconic Spitfire and the reality didn't disappoint!”
Liz K - Trustpilot