SPITFIRE FACTORY TOURS
Get behind the scenes at the Biggin Hill Spitfire Factory with this after-hours Spitfire technical tour.
Hosted by a member of our Spitfire pilot crew and a restoration engineer, you’ll discover what it’s like to fly an icon of the skies and the inner workings of airframe restoration.
See what it takes to keep a 70 year old WWII era aircraft in daily flight operation and the skills behind bringing a veteran Spitfire back to the skies.
- Welcome with refreshments at our Hangar
- Group Technical briefing with a restoration engineer and Spitfire Pilot
- Tour our restoration Hangar and see the projects up close
- See Wings and Fuselages being assembled in Jigs
- Q+A with one of our engineers and Spitfire pilots
- Opportunity to photograph projects up close and in detail
- Free Spitfire Ale / soft drink included
- Enjoy a level of access not usually possible on our regular day tours
- Watch an evening Spitfire Engine start up* and see the iconic exhaust flames
- Take home a Spitfire Souvenir Mug or Flight Patch
- Usual ratio of 1 guide to 7 guests
- Sessions usually run 6pm-9pm
- *Engine Start subject to weather conditions