Hispano Buchon ‘White 9’
Built in Tablada Seville in Spain in 1958 where S/N 145
served with the Spanish Air Force until 1965 (reg C4K105).
Powered by a Rolls Royce Merlin 500/45 instead of the Daimler Benz 605 found in the Messerschmitt manufactured 109 this aircraft served with the Spanish Air Force from 1958 to 1965.
The Livery is of JG52 September 1941 “White 9”. This is was the scheme of UFFZ Edmund ‘Paule’ Roβmann, a fighter ace allocated to Jagdgeschwader 52 (fighter Wing) . ‘Paule’ flew in the Battle of France and Battle of Britain before transferring to Russia where he achieved the majority of his victories against the Soviet Union. In July 1943 he landed behind enemy lines in an attempt to rescue a fellow pilot but was captured by Russian infantry. He had scored 93 victories, and had been awarded the Knight’s Cross.
Available for formation and tail chase flights with our 2 seat Spitfires for 2023
- Built 1958 by Hispano the Buchon is a Spanish built version of the ME109 with a Merlin engine instead of a Daimler Benz
- S/N 145 served with the Spanish Air Force until 1965 (reg C4K-105)
- 1968 flew in the famous movie the 'Battle of Britain'
- Sold and Stored in the US until 2015
- Shipped back the UK and restored by Air Leasing Ltd
- First post restoration flight was June 2018
- Winter 2022 acquired by the Biggin Hill Spitfire Factory flyaspitfire.com