1945 Spitfire LF Mk IX TE517
After serving with RAF No33 MU and 313 Manston Sqaudrons in the 1940’s TE517 was allocated to the Czechoslovak Air force before being struck off charge in 1942 and delivered to the Israeli Airforce where it was given the markings of 20-46 .
The aircraft ended up in a kibbutz in israel before Robs Lamplough returned it to the UK in the 1980’s when partial restoration began. further movements to Winchester and then Florida USA took place before the aircraft returned to England iitially at Wycombe Air park and then Biggin Hill where it will finally be restored to airworthy condition.
- Built Spring 1945 by Vickers Armstrong at Castle Bromwich
- Based at RAF Lyneham No33 MU
- July 1945 allocated to RAF No313 (Czech) Sqn based at RAF Manston in Kent
- 24th August 1945 allocated to Czechoslovak Air Force
- Acquired by the Israeli Air Force with markings 20-46 serving for nine years
- Abandoned in Ga'aton kibbutz in Israel
- Recovered by collector Robs Lamplough and bought back to the UK
- August 1984 ownership passed to Charles Church with further restoration at Winchester from 1985 till 1992.
- Sold to Kermit Weeks in Florida where the aircraft remained till 2002
- Returned to the UK at Booker-Wycombe Air Park
- Winter 2021 the Spitfire is now with The Spitfire Company (Biggin Hill) Ltd for a full restoration to flight
- 7th April 2023 First Post restoration flight at Biggin Hill