21 Aug Why Fly a Spitfire at Biggin Hill?
Flying in a Spitfire is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, and the culmination of a lifetime’s ambition for many, so why not do it at a location with a rich history and walk in the footsteps of those brave young men who fought from here in 1939-1945?
We operate from the Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar. The Heritage Hangar is a restoration facility dedicated to putting Spitfires back in the air. It has restored many Spitfires to flying condition, with several more projects waiting their turn.
Why Biggin Hill?
- At Fly a Spitfire, we offer a 30-minute experience, which includes a minimum of 20 minutes airborne.
Some other operators advertise a 20-minute experience for a similar price, but with only around half the airborne time.
- Our 2 seater Spitfires are GENUINE, original combat veterans, not new build aircraft
- All flights include the opportunity to perform victory rolls and other classic manoeuvres
- We are the foremost Spitfire maintenance and restoration facility in the world with unmatched on-site engineering support, spares holdings and CAA approved engineering facilities
- Unmatched viewing and hospitality facilities for your friends and family with free refreshments
- FREE video of your flight
- FREE guided hangar tour for you and your friends – view the 12+ Spitfires, Hurricane, Messerschmitt 109 and other historic artefacts*
- FREE flight certificate, flight patch and set of pilots notes for the Spitfire Mk IX
We offer flight experiences ranging from 30 minutes to 70 minutes, starting at £2750.
Our flights make the perfect gift for a loved one or the perfect gift for yourself to tick flying in or with a Spitfire off your bucket list!
As well as flights, we also offer tours of our working hangar. Along with up to 13 Spitfires on site, we have a 1940 Hawker Hurricane and Battle of Britain veteran Messerschmitt 109 on view.
With all of this on offer at Biggin Hill, why would you go elsewhere? If you would like to start your journey of a lifetime, book with us today.