1941 Harvard II

Harvard FE788

• Completed at the Noorduyn factory at Cartierville, Montreal, Canada, 23rd July 1941

• Delivered to Royal Canadian AF as 3064 Aug 5th 1941

• On its delivery flight from Uplands to Alymer, it suffered aileron lock up over Trenton, where the pilot F/Lt ‘Bitsy’ Grant made a precautionary landing. It soon entered service with the 14th SFTS at Alymer, where it served with both A and C flights with the line number ‘59’ painted on the side of the fuselage.

• Struck off charge: Oct 11th 1957

• Rebuilt by CCF as Harvard IV and delivered to the Italian Air Force under the Mutual aid programme as T-6H-2M/MM54137 Dec 1957-1974

• Last flight June 14th 1974

• Stored, Bergamo, June 1974-1981

• Robs Lamplough, Duxford, UK, Nov 21st 1981

• Stored Botley (Later Woolston), 1982-1983

• Registration G-BKWZ reserved but not taken up, 1981-1983

• Tim Lane, Dorchester, Apr 22nd, 1983-1987

• Registered as G-CTKL

• Restored to airworthy condition, at Dorchester from 1983-1987

• First flight off rebuild, Dunkeswell, June 10th, 1987

• Jeff A. Carr, Dunkeswell, Sept. 8th, 1987

• Gavin Keegan, North Weald, 1991-1992

• A.P. Williams, 1998

• Michael Simpson July 26th, 2001-2008.

• Based North Weald, USN/SNJ-3/54137/69

• Painted as FE788, a Harvard IIB, which was operated by the Aeroplane and Armament Experimental Establishment at Boscombe Down from December 1943.

• Based at Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar 2011

• Europe’s Oldest Harvard