65 minute ‘Battle of Britain Airfields’ Spitfire Flight
Take off from RAF Biggin Hill and fly over the historic Battle of Britain airfields of Kent. Your Spitfire sortie will take in the old WWII stations at Kenley, West Malling, Hawkinge, Manston, Eastchurch, Detling and Gravesend. You will be flying in the same historic airspace that the Battle of Britain was fought.
This ‘Battle of Britain Airfields’ Spitfire flight experience is available all year round (weather permitting) and includes a minimum of 55 minutes airborne time in the Spitfire.
- A detailed pre-flight briefing covering the aircraft, equipment and safety procedures
- Approximately 10 minutes’ taxiing and engine checks – you will re-live the emotions of the RAF pilots as they got ready for take-off.
- Minimum 55 minutes airborne in our genuine combat-veteran Spitfire: feel the vibration, hear the sound of the powerful Rolls-Royce Merlin and enjoy the experience of a lifetime!
- Take the controls of the Spitfire (at the pilots discretion)
- Experience the Spitfire Victory Roll
- A FREE digital video of your flight experience! Show it to your family and friends, share it on Facebook, or simply watch it over and over.
- A framed, signed flight certificate, a souvenir Flight Patch, and the opportunity to take photographs by the Spitfire you just flew.
- Options to extend your flight even further for an additional charge.
- Up to 4 guests are welcome to join you on the day
Please consult the the Safety Standards Acknowledgement and Consent (SSAC) document available on flying in ex-military aircraft, download here.