30 Minute Hurricane Flight
This Hurricane flight experience is available on selected days weather permitting and includes a minimum of 20 minutes airborne time in the Hurricane. Access to the Biggin Hill Heritage Hangar is included for you and up to four guests, plus also:
- A detailed pre-flight briefing covering the aircraft, equipment and safety procedures
- Approximately 10 minutes’ taxiing and engine checks – you will re-live the emotions of the RAF pilots as they got ready for take-off.
- Minimum 20 minutes airborne in our genuine Hawker Hurricane: feel the vibration, hear the sound of the powerful Rolls-Royce Merlin and enjoy the experience of a lifetime!
- Take the controls of the Hurricane (at the pilots discretion)
- A FREE digital video of your flight experience! Show it to your family and friends, share it on Facebook, or simply watch it over and over.
- A framed, signed flight certificate, Hurricane pilot notes, and the opportunity to take photographs by the Hurricane you just flew.
- Options to extend your flight for an additional charge. You can reach places such as the White Cliffs of Dover, the Battle of Britain Memorial at Capel Le Ferne, Beachy Head or other locations special to you.
Please consult the the Safety Standards Acknowledgement and Consent (SSAC) document available on flying in ex-military aircraft, download here.
HURRICANE – The minimum age to fly is 18. The maximum weight is 210lb (15 stone) (95 Kg).
A seat to head height of 35 Inches / 89 cm and belly depth of 14 inches /36 cm applies.
You will be weighed and measured on the day.